Thank you for trusting Kobussen Buses, Ltd. with your transportation needs. At Kobussen, we pride ourselves in safe,
dependable, friendly service; please consider yourself and your group our guest while embarking on your trip. The general
information below is for your information and safe transport.
1. Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration has established for the protection and safety of charter customers and charter operators the following regulations: Drivers are limited to 10 hour driving periods, after which the driver must have eight (8) consecutive hours off duty away from the group. Drivers must comply with charter orders and no deviations from said orders will be permitted without prior office approval. If your trip plans require extra driving or on-duty time exceeding the above limits, Kobussen can assign additional drivers so that your charter trip can be conducted as scheduled. Kobussen reserves the right to charge for any and all additional services not contracted for prior to departure.
2. Maps and itineraries must be received no later than 10 business days before the scheduled departure date to allow adequate preparation time. The group leader assumes the responsibility of submitting an itinerary to Kobussen that meets the FMCSA standards described above. Kobussen will not be held responsible for delays incurred due to insufficient information for
destinations or pickup locations.
3. Additional Expenses Kobussen reserves the right to charge for any and all additional services not contracted for prior to departure. These include, but are not limited to the following:
a) Additional Hours In the event the total hours exceed the total hours contracted, the company/group shall be responsible for an additional charge. Neither the Company/group or Kobussen will be responsible/liable for delays caused by such mitigating circumstances such as an act of God, public enemies, authority of law, quarantine, perils of navigation, riots, strikes, the hazards or dangers incident to a state of war, accidents, breakdowns, poor road conditions, adverse weather, or conditions beyond their control, and does not guarantee arrival or departure from any given point at a specified time.
b) Cleaning If the Company/Group fails to remove all items brought on board or if the bus requires additional cleaning caused by passengers, the Company/Group shall be responsible for an additional cleaning fee of $75.00 per hour.
c) Damage. The cost of repairing damage to the buses resulting from the conduct and actions of passengers shall be charged to the Company/ Group.
d) Energy Surcharge. In the event of a fuel price increase of more than $5.00 per gallon prior to the departure date, Kobussen may charge an additional amount equal to the expected additional fuel cost.
e) Lodging. Any hotel/motel costs incurred by the driver are the responsibility of the Company/Group.
f) Alcohol. Alcoholic beverages must be approved prior to departure and may be subject to and extra charge. Glass bottles and kegs are not permitted. Kobussen reserves the right to refuse to transport persons under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
4. Seating and Safety We ask that all passengers remain seated at all times. Total number of passengers can not exceed bus capacity. Groups of passengers under the age of 21 must supply a minimum of two chaperones, 21 years or older, per bus. One chaperone is to be stationed at the rear of the bus and the other at the front.
5. Smoke-Free Environment Smoking is prohibited by federal law on all buses.
6. Entertainment equipment Some of Kobussen’s motor buses have video systems that can show movies. Customers can play their own DVD/Videos on the bus at their own risk. Damaged DVD/Videos will not be reimbursed. Kobussen has a license to show movies (Home use only) under an agreement with Swank Motion Pictures, Inc. This agreement allows customers/groups to legally exhibit movies that they purchase rent or borrow.
7. Luggage space is limited, one suitcase and one small carry-on are the maximum allowed. Luggage can shift during transport, so we ask that you store your valuables as safely as possible. Damage to items not stored in a steel flight case will not be the responsibility of Kobussen Buses. Damage to baggage during loading or unloading that was not handled by the driver or under
his/her supervision will not be Kobussen’s responsibility. Kobussen is not responsible for lost or stolen articles on the bus.
8. Terms and Conditions. The Company/Group agrees to ensure that all passengers are aware of and comply with this Agreement, the attached Terms and Conditions, and all other rules and requirements communicated to the Company/Group by Kobussen.
9. Force Majeure. Neither party shall be liable for failure or delay in performing obligations set forth in this Agreement, and neither party shall be deemed in breach of its obligations, if such failure or delay is due to natural disasters, strike, lockout, or other industrial or transportational disturbances, law, regulation or ordinance, or any causes reasonably beyond the control of such party.
10. Insurance. Kobussen will furnish to the Company/Group upon request information regarding its insurance in force.
11. Indemnification. The Company/Group shall be responsible for the conduct of the passengers on the trip, both on and off the bus. Kobussen will not be liable for any personal injury or property damage caused by any conduct or misconduct of any passenger and the Company/Group agrees to indemnify and hold harmless Kobussen from any liability or damage Kobussen may suffer as a result of claims, demands, costs, or judgments against carrier arising out of the conduct or is conduct of the passengers.
12. Compliance with Laws. Kobussen will obtain, at its own expense, all licenses, permits and approvals required under any applicable government statute or regulation required for it to provide the transportation services contemplated by this Agreement. Kobussen will obey all applicable governmental laws and regulations connected with the services it provides under this Agreement.
13. Governing Law. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Wisconsin.
14. Entire Agreement. This Agreement, including the attached Terms and Conditions, constitutes the entire agreement between the parties and supersedes any and all other agreements, either oral or written, between the parties with respect to the subject matter of this Agreement.
15. Cancellation policy Cancelations of less than 30 days from the date of the trip will forfeit the deposit or 10% whichever is greater.
The preceding list is intended as a general guideline, and is not limited to the items listed.