Above and beyond on safety
At Kobussen Buses, we have Family Pride in every Ride. Our safety standards are high. We have received outstanding scores from the likes of the Wisconsin state patrol, the Department of Defense and the federal DOT for our safety programs.
Safe bus transportation is a team commitment. At Kobussen Buses, our safety team includes school bus drivers, aides, mechanics, dispatchers, supervisors, and many others. In addition, Kobussen Buses works closely with districts and agencies, parents and caregivers, and those we transport to teach and communicate about safety. If needed, we customize transportation safety programs to each organization’s requirements.
Kobussen Buses' commitment to safety
Every Kobussen Buses driver receives safety training that meets or exceeds state and federal requirements, but we don’t stop there. Kobussen Buses offers safety training and seminars regularly on a variety of safety topics, below are some of the safety program topics:
• 8 hour defensive driving and skid pad training at Fox Valley Technical College. This includes wet track skid control and emergency braking.
• CPR and First aid certification.
• Sleep apnea training and testing for all eligible candidates. Sleep apnea is a common cause of fatigue in drivers and cause of accidents.
• Drivers will be certified by the School Bus Watch program, a homeland security terrorism detection program.
• Monthly newsletters that review safety topics as well as local interest stories.
• Monthly driver's meetings will cover such things as:
– Department of Transportation training
– Fire safety
– Accident safety
– Operation Life Saver, Railroad crossing safety training
Although Safety is a large portion of our training, Kobussen Buses understands the growing need of student/passenger management on the bus. Kobussen Buses has worked with different agencies to enhance our driver training programs, on these subjects:
• Positive Behavior Intervention and Supports (PBIS) from the school to the bus
• Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI)
• Empathy, Understanding students from their point of view